Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snow much fun!

Well, the kids have been having a great time playing in all the snow that we have. We are expected to get a lot more tonight so they are very excited. Since it is snowing, I thought it would be appropriate to make snow ice cream with the kids tonight. They thought it tasted great (even though I think I went a little heavy on the vanilla flavoring). Jaren is waiting to have seconds with daddy later tonight. Here is the recipe if any of you are interested in trying. You have to eat it very quickly as it melts much faster than regular ice cream.

1 cup half & half
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring (or you can use another flavor such as almond, mint, etc.)
dash of salt
5 cups fresh, clean snow


Mix all together and enjoy!





Here are some pictures that I took the other day when the kids and I went out to play in the snow. Even Erica was able to join us outside for the first time in the snow. Jaren, Bethany & I made a cute little snowman, but they are waiting for daddy to help them make a great big one.







1 comment:

Jason DB said...

Please avoid the yellow snow!