Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter, Baking & other random things

I thought that since I finally got the pictures of the kids in the Easter outfits, the Easter egg hunt and all the other pictures off my camera that it was time for me to update our blog. We've had a busier week due to me having meetings, Jaren in school every day, extra kids here to play, and all the other typical things that go on. It's fun, but I have to admit I kind of like this morning a lot with Jaren not having school and us not having to be anywhere until at least 9:30 and that's just the park to play! I could get very use to this...that is a big invitation for summer schedules to arrive. :)
I'll start with Bethany's baking adventure. Since I was in the kitchen baking, she decided that she would like to bake a little also. This was her own concoction...Chicken Pot Pie. Don't let the name confuse you though since no chicken was present in her ingredients list. :)
This is towards the beginning of the process.

Daddy was the lucky one to get to try this. They tried to get me to eat it, but since I watched her put it together I just couldn't stomach it.
Bethany taking her first bite and the verdict is...

"Mommy, you have to try this. It is soooo good!" I bet you all want to know what was in it so here it goes. Fruit snacks, peanut butter candy egg, flour, sugar, baking powder, water, salt, strawberry milk, strawberry pop, mt. dew, one grape, vegetable oil and to top it off, almond flavoring. Her catering business will be opening very shortly so if you'd like a one of a kind eating experience for the special occasion, please give Bethany a call. :)

Decorating Easter eggs with Farm Grandma

Very proud of the finished results.

With the two new additions to the VanMersbergen family, we are now up to 6 girls and 3 boys. Grandma should have a lot of fun shopping with this whole crew in a few years. Hope you have your credit cards ready. :)

Bethany getting to hold Brynn for the first time. She has waited nearly 4 months for this day.
Uncle Kurtis getting his cuddle time in with Brynn. They are such sweet little girls.
Aunt Jennifer and Bethany checking out Hailey.
Erica having fun with Drew & Lauren while they're thinking, "What is this goofy cousin of our doing?"

Jaren is really big into Geo-caching so for part of the Easter egg hunt this year, Grandpa hid a cache for Jaren & Luke to find. It took them to 3 different locations before they found the rest of their treasures.

Erica showing off her basket of eggs.

Lauren & Drew loved having all this fun stuff brought to them.

Bethany having a good time finding her eggs & other goodies.

Erica & Bethany showing off their new Easter dresses.
Jaren posing with his IA football. He's turning into such a handsome young man...not that his attitude always reflects this.
I had some fun the other day taking pictures of Jaren & Bethany in their new Easter outfits. I don't have pictures of Erica yet. Erica has to be in the perfect mood in order for something like this to take place and be pleasant. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it done.

Here's our sweet princess, Bethany. She loved her new dress and was very picky when we went to the store to buy one. There wasn't a whole lot for selection here in town, but we did find this one and she loved it...especially how well it works for a twirling dress.

No comments: