Thursday, August 29, 2013

St. Louis Zoo - Day #3

On Tuesday we got up early and headed out to the zoo.  Our plan was to get there by 8 and enjoy a few free things, but we got there a little later than expected and didn't want to rush to do the free things so instead we just bought the bands that allowed us to have a lot of fun.  I think the older kids would all agree that the 4D Motion simulator was their favorite thing.  I personally was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face, but I also have to admit that it doesn't take much to humor me. :)  Kate LOVED the train ride so we made sure to go on that twice!  This is such a nice zoo and would definitely recommend checking it out if you're in the area.
We hit the children's zoo almost first.  There were some really cool things to see and do in this part of the zoo...pet animals, watch a show, explore...

I loved these jelly fish!

Petting some rabbits



This is the most adorable little baby elephant ever!

By purchasing our bands we were able to go pet the stingrays.  The below picture shows their first reaction to touching the stingrays.  They were slimier than we thought they'd be but it was so cool!


Our first train ride.  Nice way to rest the tired feet for a while.

Watching the penguins.

No comments: