Monday, December 8, 2008

Random thoughts

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving was already over 2 weeks ago and Christmas is quickly approaching. The month of December is always a very busy month, but that means we get to spend lots of time with family. Between all the Christmas get-togethers and then we throw in a couple of birthday it is a month of celebrating.
This past Saturday we helped my niece Reagan celebrate her 3rd birthday. She had a Hello Kitty party with fun games, yummy food and lots of time for the cousins to make a huge mess throughout the house - sorry Jennifer. :)

Happy 3rd Birthday, Reagan!

I am helping out with the church Sunday School program that will be Dec. 14. I think it will be a very nice program, but I always highly dislike practices because they seem so chaotic. The kids always pull through and say their lines perfectly when the parents are in the congregation watching them.
Jaren's birthday is coming up rapidly also. He has decided on a Iowa Hawkeyes themed party. I love throwing parties, especially if they are for my kids. I'm working on games, proper food ideas to go with the theme, and finishing up the invitations. Kurtis rolls his eyes at me whenever I talk about my party ideas because I put a lot of thought & effort into them. Jaren's also to the age now that he wants to have a party with some of his friends. We're still trying to decide what to do and how many of the boys to invite (there's only 14 of them and we don't want hurt feelings).
Well, I'm off to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas with the kids and eat some popcorn.

No comments: