Friday, December 12, 2008

What a GREAT day!

Well, I'm just hoping that today can be half as good as yesterday. The kids and I had such a great day together. It started off with Jaren, Bethany & I going to Momshine/Kidshine at church. The kids joined the moms this morning for a fun time of acting out the Christmas story and then working on a fun craft together. We had to finish ours up at home, but that gave the kids plenty of time to be creative and not feel rushed. Erica stayed home because she has been fighting off a little bug and I didn't want to take any chances of her getting other kids sick. Daddy stayed home with her and gave her his undivided attention for 2 whole hours...she LOVED it!

After lunch Jaren & Bethany finished their mitten wreaths, I put Erica down for a nap and then went to work making frosting. Jaren & Bethany decorated 4 dozen cut-out cookies. I really didn't think they'd stick with it that long, but they were having so much fun they didn't want to quit. They turned out awesome and if you're lucky enough you might get a little taste of the delicious end results.

The day ended with supper at McDonalds all together, even daddy. Then to church to set-up for the Christmas program. The kids had a ton of fun playing with the 3 sons of the other committee member. They are older than my kids, but they loved entertaining them.

Time for bed and time for mommy to put her feet up and relax. I turned on all the Christmas lights and a small lamp, read my magazine and listened to Jaren's Christmas CD that he listens to every night and also sat quietly listening to Jaren read in bed. That was one of the greatest sounds to hear. I can say that I'm a proud mom! :)

I hope you all had a great yesterday and I'm looking forward what today will bring.

No comments: