Sunday, October 21, 2007

Flu season already!

Well, as you can tell from the title, the flu has hit our house already. Isn't it kind of early for this? I spent Friday trying to potty train Bethany using the "Potty Training in Less Than a Day" approach. I had little success and felt very frustrated by the end of the day. By 8:30 that night I figured out why she wasn't overly interested - she didn't feel well. She threw up (thankfully I had a bowl nearby to catch it in) and remained sick throughout the night into Saturday. I unfortunately got sick during the night and all day Saturday. With Keith & Dale both gone for Parent's weekend at Dordt, Kurtis & Scott had a lot to get done on the farm. Especially since it was finally dry enough to get back into the fields after many wet days. Thankfully my parents were around and took Jaren & Erica off my hands for the day. Fortunately Erica will take a bottle without any problems when I need her to. Kurtis got sick Saturday evening, but refused to come home and rest. There was work to get done, and I can't say I really blame him for wanting to get as many acres of corn out as possible before the next batch of rain hits. He is in bed this morning and we have decided that in the best interest of getting anyone at church sick or having Jaren get sick at church that we are staying home today. Erica is not feeling 100%, but she's a trooper and nothing will slow her down.
Let's pray and hope that this is not an indication of how the rest of the winter will go!

No comments: