Thursday, October 11, 2007

Never slowing down



Well, Erica is constantly learning new things at a very rapid pace. Today alone she learned 4 new things. It's amazing if you really think about it.
  1. Erica woke up from her nap, stood up and said "mama" until I came up to get her. I do have to let you know though that of course "dada" was her first word.
  2. She pulled herself up by Bethany's kitchen to play - her first big girl toy! Needless to say she was very impressed with herself and everything she discovered in the fridge of the kitchen.
  3. Erica learned how to drink from a straw like a pro. I had made yogurt smoothies for Jaren and Bethany tonight and thought I would humor Erica by letting her play with the straw. It took her less than 5 seconds before she had it figured out and was enjoying the wonderful strawberry/banana smoothie like the rest of us.
  4. As if she hadn't had enough excitement for one day, tonight Erica started walking behind her hippo toy. Of course I didn't have the video camera or the digital camera ready, but Jaren & Bethany saw it also so we can relive the moment for daddy tomorrow.

I have mixed feelings about all the new ventures that Erica is rapidly going on. I love having my baby stay little, but I also am thrilled that she is healthy and able to constantly learn new things. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. I hope you enjoy the picture of her "cooking".

No comments: