Monday, February 16, 2009

Dedication

As my family prepares to say a final good-bye to my wonderful grandma this week, I thought it was only appropriate to dedicate the two birthday cakes I just made to her (I told Kurtis that I have never had such difficult time emotionally decorating cakes). Why you might ask. Well, my grandma taught me a lot of things and how to decorate cakes and cookies was one the the major highlighted ones. I spent many days, especially in the summer months over at her house watching her decorate cookies & cakes for others, always allowing us a sampling, eating her homemade cinnamon rolls and playing with the daycare kids that she took care of. That was a great perk of living within a couple of blocks from my grandparents. We'll miss having grandma around, but I'm trying to look at it as more of a blessing for her. She will get to be in heaven with Jesus with a new body...able to talk, walk and sing praises to him once again. We love you so much grandma and can't wait to see you again some day in heaven.



2 comments:

Lonita said...

It's great you have such wonderful memories of your grandma - I still remember the snowy days we used to spend making donuts with Grandma De Bruin. You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Farm Grandma said...

Seeing those two adorable decorated cakes, and always getting to enjoy the puff pillows you bring to every special occassion, we know how well your Grandma taught you!
We know how much you will miss her.
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.